Monday, February 2, 2009

just a pat on the back

So, it is well documented that I have the best child alive.  She has slept through the night since she was 2 months, she doesn't cry, and now that she's on some awesome medicine, she doesn't even spit up anymore.
I would like to preach as to why she has been EVEN MORE awesome the last 3 weeks.  I took away the binkie.  Under the advice of my wise and experienced sisters, I was told that 10 months is a great time to take away her favorite thing.  It took ONE nap for her to let it go....and for the last 21 days, she has woken up NOT ONCE in the middle of the night.  Now I said that she has slept through the night since she was two months...this is true, but you know that that doesn't include the one or two times (maybe three if its a bad week) that she would wake up for whatever reason and need some help going back to sleep.  Some help...from the binkie.  Well no more.  I have enjoyed 21 days of blissful sleep!  Isn't it great?  Aren't you all so pleased for me? :)

By the way...now that I don't have any sleep issues to lament over, I will commence crying over the end of football season.  My beloved Big Ben brought home the big one last night, only to make me endure months of football-less-ness.  Not to mention that the Australian Open got me all pumped for the tennis season, just make me wait until THE END OF MAY for the French.  geez....how rude.  MLS is right around the corner...but alas, I still must wait.  

2 comments:

Alison Wonderland said...

D- you crack me up.

Natalie said...

Must be her name...the reason why she's perfect.

Seriously though, you lucked out!