Now onto a little about me. So my wonderfully talented friend Trina has been cutting my hair lately. Yesterday I got it cut even shorter. Its great. She's very good and I love everything she does. Here is the problem though...I have two TERRIBLE cowlicks. One right on the front on my head and one in the back. The new short bangs just stick straight out when I dry it...its kind of funny. Anyway...what do you think?
Friday, February 27, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
If it wasn't for the fact that I actually DO (occasionally) have to get up from my computer, I wouldn't even need an ipod. Who needs anything but pandora.com?
Chick rock holds a special place in my heart (what? you couldn't tell?). This week was fight on who to feature. In then end I decided to highlight The Eames Era (sorry about the bad audio quality...I couldn't find one that wasn't completely awful)
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
I have been thinking about finding the following clip for over a year now, but everytime I think about it I think "there's no way I'll be able to find it, all I know is who sings the song". Well, today I decided to try to find it and it took me all of 5 minutes.
I love this dance and the way it fits perfectly with the music. It was choreographed but the wonderful Mandy Moore, who some of you know from SYTYCD.
I apologize to those of you who just want to see cute pictures, I'll update some tomorrow.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
One of my very favorite bloggers is bythelbs. I love her even more because she has given me a reason to post.
So this is how it works. The first 3 people to leave a comment on this (my) post will receive a handmade gift from me during this year—when and what will be a surprise. There’s a small catch. You knew there would be, didn’t you? Post this on your blog and then come back and leave a comment telling me you’re in. Fun, huh? Remember, only the first 3 comments receive the gift.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Monday, February 2, 2009
Along with 95% of the people I know (who a. blog or b. are on facebook) I'm jumping off the bridge. Come on in...the water's fine.
1. I have a strong and unconditional love for nectarines.
2. My senior year of high school I competed on a co-ed cheerleading squad. One of the greatest things ever.
3. My middle name was Christine, it is now officially Jones
4. I can't resist the chance to talk about myself.
5. If given the opportunity to do anything girly, or watch any sporting event...I would always pick the sports.
6. I can carry on a knowledgeable conversation with any man on any sport, excluding baseball.
7. My parents taught me invaluable lessons on how to work. My siblings and I thank them often for this often.
8. My best friend from childhood, and her whole family call me "dirty"...as in dirty diana (michael jackson song), not just because I was dirty.
9. I would like to someday be an oncology nurse.
10. I read roughly 75 books in 2008.
11. I probably only read 3 in 2007.
12. No one very close to me has ever died (that wasn't over 90).
13. I don't expect I will handle it very well when someone close to me does die.
14. I know exactly what I would do with my life if Benjamin were to die. (I know that's awful, but when you live with fear, you have to prepare your mind....plus, if I plan it, it won't happen)
15. I want to live in Springfield, Virginia for the rest of my life, and I think I will.
16. I love my steak very very rare.
17. A (small) part of me thinks I might end up having more kids than my brain can handle.
18. I remember everything. Just test me.
19. My mother influenced many of the people that I see on a weekly basis. I am proud to be her daughter and hope that someday I will live up to that.
20. I believe there is something wrong with people who don't like Jack Black.
21. I don't play any video games.
22. I drank alcohol once in 8th grade...it was terrible.
23. I enjoyed almost nothing more than talking to my 4 sisters everyday. They are the best friends I have.
24. I was in a fashion show when I was in kindergarten. I modeled two different dresses, and also tripped up the stairs on my way to the stage.
25. I am really good at teaching the young women at church. I love them.
So, it is well documented that I have the best child alive. She has slept through the night since she was 2 months, she doesn't cry, and now that she's on some awesome medicine, she doesn't even spit up anymore.
I would like to preach as to why she has been EVEN MORE awesome the last 3 weeks. I took away the binkie. Under the advice of my wise and experienced sisters, I was told that 10 months is a great time to take away her favorite thing. It took ONE nap for her to let it go....and for the last 21 days, she has woken up NOT ONCE in the middle of the night. Now I said that she has slept through the night since she was two months...this is true, but you know that that doesn't include the one or two times (maybe three if its a bad week) that she would wake up for whatever reason and need some help going back to sleep. Some help...from the binkie. Well no more. I have enjoyed 21 days of blissful sleep! Isn't it great? Aren't you all so pleased for me? :)
By the way...now that I don't have any sleep issues to lament over, I will commence crying over the end of football season. My beloved Big Ben brought home the big one last night, only to make me endure months of football-less-ness. Not to mention that the Australian Open got me all pumped for the tennis season, just make me wait until THE END OF MAY for the French. geez....how rude. MLS is right around the corner...but alas, I still must wait.