Monday, June 23, 2008

THIS is perfection

I spent Saturday and Sunday night (and now I'm re watching today) watching the 2008 Olympic Trials. Specifically the gymnastics competition. I've done gymnastics since I was 6 and I spent every year after that (12 total) absolutely enthralled with the sport, and Shannon Miller. I loved her from the moment I saw her compete in Barcelona, in 1992. Shannon's best was beam, which was always my favorite. Over the years that she competed she became the most decorated gymnasts in history and still holds that title. As I watched the trials the last 2 days I felt nostalgic for my favorite '96 team, and believe me...if I had a VCR I would totally get my tapes out and watch them all (I have every nationals from '92-'96, all of the Olympics from that year, other various competitions).
Anyway, with all the changes that have been made in the sport, I felt that it was my duty to remind us all of what it used to look like...and what I wish it still did.


Congrats to Justin Srping for making the Olympic Team...I'm sure you'll do VA and Capital Gymnastics proud!

2 comments:

Cari said...

Okay, my sisters and I used to go crazy over Shannon Miller and Dominque Dawes. Last night I had to fight Robert to let me watch two minutes of the olympic trials.

Alison Wonderland said...

Changes? What changes?