Monday, November 17, 2008

monday morning reminder of why we love having kids

I was driving to the gym and I think at some point that I heard Natalie cough, but she's had a cough for a month...so I didn't really even think about it and then I noticed a minute or two later that I could really smell bananas. Well I had fed her bananas right before we left so I thought she might have just spit up at little bit....well, a little bit would not describe even a tenth of what she did. I got out of the car and went to go get her out and she was COVERED!!!! Jacket, pants were soaked with bananas, then when I picked her up to take them off....there was a huge puddle underneath her that was soaking through where the strap comes up. I soaked up 3 burp clothes (because yes, I carry 3 with me everywhere I go) and there was still more covering the seat and her. I thought about just going in anyway and working out but at that point she was in just a onesie, and even that was a little bit damp. So I loaded her back in the banana seat and went home. I wanted so badly to be able to take a picture, or have some kind of documentation of the debacle....but I know you all can picture it. I've been waiting for something like that, or a complete poop up the back blow out so that I could really feel like a mom...and today was the day.

2 comments:

Alison Wonderland said...

As I said before, welcome to momhood.

The Bruins said...

You're lucky it took that long!!! My baby has massive poop blow-out diapers almost every day!!! Yesterday she had the biggest one ever! The poop went all the way to her armpits!!! It was sooooooo gross! It got all over her blanket and the carpet. I didn't even try to wash the onsie; I just threw it away. I'm dreading the day she eats real food...