Wednesday, November 19, 2008

he strikes again

So the boogie man woke Natalie around 5:45 this morning (he's been doing that a lot lately), and I promptly went in to get her back to sleep. I noticed that her room was just a few degrees above the arctic, so once she was asleep, I brought her back to bed with me (something that hasn't been done since she was two weeks old). Now, why is it that a baby, that is often mistaken for 4 or 5 months when she's really almost 8, can take up as much space as she was taking up? I regret that I didn't take a picture of my sprawled eagle, but you're good at imagination, I'm sure of it. Anyway, once I was pushed to the floor, I did manage to get back to sleep and Natalie got to enjoy the warm comfort of my toasty bed. Lucky baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For some reason, my baby's room is always the coldest in the house. It's like the chill knows where the baby sleeps.

I don't know how kids do it, but no matter how small they are, they always manage to own the bed. No matter what size the bed is. It's because we're afraid to get aggressive with them. They exploit our weakness.